A very basic recipe, this lemon cake is ideal for a novice cook or anyone who is in a hurry. Serve it at a summer BBQ, cocktail party, or other semi-casual social function.
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Small lemon jello
- Yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- ¾ package confectioners’ sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Beat cake ingredients for 2 mins or just until mixed.
- Bake at 350o for 30-35 mins. in 9×13 inch pan.
- Poke holes in cake with a carving fork and pour glaze over.
- Prepare 1 day before serving.