If you are looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth, these Coconut Date Balls may do the trick! As Ellie Krieger says, they have “no added sugar” because all the sweetness comes from the dates themselves. Ready within minutes, they are fun to make with kids or just by yourself when you are craving a late afternoon snack or dessert. I am a huge fan of Ellie Krieger and have been making these every week since I saw the video on her website. You would never guess they are gluten-free, dairy free and vegan.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: N/A
Ready In: 10 minutes
Makes 8 servings (serving size: 3 balls)
- 3 tablespoons shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 7 ounces pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons whole, natural almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the coconut on a small plate.
- Place the dates, nuts, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Using a rounded teaspoon of the mixture, press it into a ball with your fingers, then roll the ball into the coconut, pressing down somewhat so the coconut adheres.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and coconut.