My sister, Adrianna is half- Italian and her mother’s family has some incredible authentic recipes. This stuffing requires a considerable amount of preparation, but the results are well worth the effort!
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 bags stuffing mix
- 8 carrots
- 1 whole head celery
- ½ bushel parsley
- 5-6 cloves garlic chopped fine (to taste)
- 1 Spanish onion
- ½ bag walnuts chopped very fine
- ½ Parmasan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Large container free range chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup cranberries or raisins
Prepare vegetable, walnut, and cheese mixture:
- Cook onion and garlic until slightly brown.
- Add vegetables and cook until they are “aladante.”
- Add walnuts to vegetable mixture and cook some more.
- Add Parmasan cheese after the vegetables are cooked.
- Cook cheese and vegetables together. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Prepare egg, stuffing, broth mixture:
- Separately, beat eggs and add to stuffing. Allow to melt.
- Add chicken broth to eggs. Stir.
- Add olive oil.
Combine all ingredients:
- Mix cranberries/raisins into veggie mixture and add to stuffing.
- Put into mixture in a pan. Bake for ½ hour until it’s brown.