These tea sandwiches are perfect finger food for a formal occasion. They are easy to make and look beautiful when arranged in quarters on a large platter with toothpicks. I serve them with tea at fundraisers and at holiday parties. These sandwiches add a sophisticated touch to any event.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: N/A
- One loaf of high quality bread. (Whole wheat or white is fine. Just make sure the bread is soft and not dry).
- 16 oz. plain cream cheese
- 1 cucumber
- Dill for sprinkling on sandwiches
- Toothpicks for holding sandwiches together
- Cut cucumber into thin round slices. Set aside.
- Lay out 2 pieces of bread on clean cutting board.
- Carefully cut off crusts with a knife.
- Spread a generous layer of cream cheese on both pieces of bread.
- Place 4 cucumber slices on 1 of the pieces of bread, arranged so that each quadrant has a cucumber.
- Sprinkle dill on top of cucumber and cream cheese.
- Cover with second piece of bread.
- Cut sandwich diagonally twice through the middle to create 4 triangular mini-sandwiches.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of each mini-sandwich and arrange on serving platter.
- Repeat above steps for entire loaf of bread.