Original Source: Food Processor Cookbook
While this recipe does not have the same heritage and tradition as my grandmother’s German Coffee Cake, which I make for Christmas every year, it is much easier to make. I made the sour cream version for Thanksgiving this year to test it out before Christmas! My father and brother could not decide which cake they liked better, so they asked me to make one of each next time. We’ll see about that! : )
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Reserve.
- Chop pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in food processor with steel blade until mixture consists of fine crumbs. Reserve.
- Cream butter in processor, adding sugar slowly in a stream. Add eggs & process until smooth. Add sour cream & vanilla & process. Add flour mixture in two batches, processing with quick on / off pulses.
- Pour half of batter into buttered tube pan. Sprinkle with ½ topping mix. Repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees about an hour.
Aunt Jaymie’s Tips:
Use an angel food cake pan, greased & floured, that has a removable bottom.