When it came to appetizers, Grandmama was best known for her delicious dips, but these spinach balls are also quite good. In The Ince Family Cookbook, she notes that these are “a great party recipe” and were served at Uncle John and Aunt Cathy’s wedding reception. Something to keep in mind for when I get married one day. The recipe comes from Grandmama’s sister, my mother’s Aunt Ann.
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 ½ cups fine Pepperidge Farm dressing mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick oleo or butter, melted
- 2 (10 oz.) packages of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Combine above ingredients and chill.
- Form into 1 inch (or smaller) balls.
- Bake on greased sheet at 350 for 20 minutes. If frozen, bake for 25 minutes.
If short on time, you can quickly defrost spinach by soaking it in a bowl of warm water.