This is a very simple recipe and tastes best if you use a grill, although a skillet may also be used. It is fantastic! (Even my picky little brother thinks so). Dad always uses 100% organic/farm raised beef which can be easily found at your local Whole Foods.
Total Preparation Time: 8 hours (Enough time to marinate overnight)
Active Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: Varies depending on how you like your steak cooked
- 2 full size rib-eye steaks
- Ginger/teriyaki sauce (Dad uses the Whole Foods brand)
- Italian seasoning (may be substituted for oregano, tarragon, and marjoram)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare a marinade of ginger teriyaki sauce (enough to lavishly cover both sides of steak).
- Generously sprinkle your seasoning on both sides of the steak.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, use inside/outside grill or skillet. Cook to desired perfection.
Dad usually serves this dish with baked sweet potatoes and broccoli. He also recommends a glass or two of red wine, preferably cabaret.