This clam dip is a traditional Ince family favorite and was served by my grandmother, my mother, all my aunts, and now by me and my cousins. It’s a staple appetizer at every family gathering. Decadently thick and creamy, this dip will be gone before you know it, so make a lot!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: N/A
- 1 lb. cream cheese (Grandmama says Philadelphia is best commercial brand)
- 1 can minced clams
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Cream softened cream cheese with electric beater or Cuisinart.
- Slowly add juice from can of clams until it is soft, but not runny. (Clams will add liquid as will lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce).
- If using electric beater, crush garlic in garlic press. If using Cuisinart, add cut up garlic to cheese and whirl with chopping blade).
- Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Mix.
- Add clams last, and if using Cusinart use blade very carefully so that clams are not pureed.
- Chill to marry flavors.
Serve with Frito Scoops (that’s what Grandmama always did).
I suggest doubling this recipe for large gatherings.