(Original Source: TammysRecipes.com)
I made this cheesecake for my friend Gail’s birthday party in April 2011. Months earlier, Gail had told me that cheesecake was her favorite dessert, so I promised to make it for her birthday, but now I was swamped with finals in graduate school and very pressed for time. Also, I had never made cheesecake before and was nervous since it seemed so complicated and I don’t like to experiment with new recipes for special occasions. But a promise is a promise! So, I looked online and found this recipe which is just as easy as making a one-crust pie. I was very pleased with how it came out. I topped mine with freshly sliced strawberries and blueberries for added flavor and seasonal decoration.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 12 oz. cream cheese softened
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup sour cream)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- One 9 inch graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days before serving. Top with fruit topping, whipped cream, or just eat plain!